Job Purpose: Preparation of basic tax returns for the specialist’s clients only. All walk-in clients are considered Branch Office property and will not be credited to preparer’s commission tier unless authorized by Branch Manager and or Nexus United Supervisor.
Qualifications:, completion of personnel Intake Forms and NCND Agreements must be completed and signed by all parties. PTIN required.
- Tax Specialist is authorized to use Nexus United property ONLY when a client appointment exists in Nexus MOM (Multi Office Management!.
- Commissions will be distributed only after a file is complete per the following:
- 1. All pertinent Nexus United Filing Forms are signed by Client.
- 2. All EPS and Nexus Compliance Forms are signed by Client.
- 3. Client File in Nexus United MOM is Complete, including the following:
- A. Permanent Docs are uploaded (ID(s) with exp. Date, SS Cards, Dep. Birth Certs…etc.)
- B. Account Docs are uploaded (Office File, Tax Return, Required Signature Docs, Supporting Docs…etc.)
- C. Transaction Information is accurate and Client Balance is $0.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses
- Interview clients to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances
- Review income statements and documentation of expenditures in order to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns
- Furnish taxpayers with sufficient information and advice in order to ensure correct tax form completion
- Calculate form preparation fees according to Nexus Guidelines and Audit Protection policies.
- Check data input or verify totals on forms prepared by others to detect errors in arithmetic, data entry, or procedures
Additional Notes: There will be a 10% surcharge for Nexus United Corporate corrections to returns originally submitted by tax specialist.